medication interactions and side effects

Archive for the ‘Red’ Category

National Wear Red Day – Friday, February 1, 2013

10 Year Anniversary Pin - Go Red for Women

National Wear Red Day is Friday, February 1, 2013! 

It is the 10th Anniversary of the ‘Go Red for Women’ campaign! 

The American Heart Association is challenging America to “Go Red” for National Wear Red Day, February – heart awareness month, as well as ALL YEAR LONG! 

Did you know that 1 in 3 women will die of heart disease. AND, it’s the #1 killer of women above all cancers combined. All cancers combined? Wow! Think about it, think about 3 important women in your life. It’s pretty easy to come up with 3 women, right? Now imagine life without one of them. Scary, huh? It could happen. It’s the reality of the statistics, for now.  But, the American Heart Association is continuing to create awareness, educate, and raise funds for research to fight the battle against heart disease. And, they need your help to do that! 

Here are just a few things you can do: 

*Wear RED on National Wear Red Day – Friday, Febuary 1, 2013. 

* Encourage others to wear red on National Wear Red Day – associations, churches, co-workers, etc. 

*Decorate your business in red – store fronts, lobby areas, etc. 

*Host a healthy lunch at work or dinner with friends. 

*Educate others to live heart healthy lifestyles. 

Please remember, the ‘Go Red for Women’ campaign does focus on women and their fight against heart disease. But, heart disease affects men too. So, make sure they know to live a heart healthy lifestyle too! 

RED at Donna's Fashions

Looking for something RED to wear on National Wear Red Day? You can head to Donna’s Fashions (Tulsa). These are just a few ‘fun finds’ that you can get there – for women and men. Yes, men should be wearing red on National Wear Red Day too! Uh, I think my name needs to be on the RED cowboy boots that have tan HEARTS embroidered on them. Can you say, perfect?!? 

Exclusive Rustic Cuff at Donna's Fashions

And, most definitely, my name needs to be on this cuff. It’s an exclusive cuff being sold at Donna’s Fashions (by Rustic Cuff) in support of the Go Red for Women campaign. A percentage of sales, of this particular cuff, will be donated to the local (Tulsa) chapter of the  American Heart Association. Promo running through the month of February. Strictly, my opinion, but, this quote is perfect for women and their fight against heart disease:

“Strong Women. May we know them. May we raise them. May we be them.” 

There are a variety of businesses, in Tulsa, as well as across the nation that are “Going Red” in their own way. Make sure to contact them, check their social media pages, and show your support when and where you can. 

So, mark your calendars for Friday, February 1, 2013 and WEAR RED!! 

Links: 

American Heart Association

Donna’s Fashions

Rustic Cuff 

Holiday Gift Giveaway – Card Cubby

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…..the holidays are upon us!

And, why not join in the fun and add to the ‘buzz’ and excitement of the holidays, by offering a few gift giveaways! 

I am very excited about this one….the Card Cubby!

Card Cubby

I raved about this product last year during the holidays, as well as throughout the year. I LOVE it! I have the card cubby and the coupon cubby. Both, are awesome sources of organization for me. Awesome! And, if you know me, you would know this is important! Have you seen my purse? 

You know how every retailer offers ‘reward cards’, ‘loyalty cards’ or whatever they want to call them these days? And, where do you keep them all? I had them shoved in every pocket in my wallet and purse. And, when it came time to find the one I was looking for, do you think I could find it? No! 

Card Cubby

With the Card Cubby, I have all of my ‘loyalty’ and ‘reward’ cards (or whatever you want to call them) in one place. Now, when I go into my purse, I know exactly where to find them. Both, the card and coupon cubby, have been lifesavers over the last few weeks as I try to shop for the holidays. 

There are a wide variety of colors and styles, but, I have to admit, I’m loving the Really Red Croc style. The bright red is easy to see in the car and/or in my purse. As well as, it is a good reminder to live a heart healthy lifestyle. Red is the color of the American Heart Association and the Go Red for Women campaign. (I have a special place in MY heart for his cause.)

So, don’t you want to run out and get one (or two) for yourself? Well, guess what! YOU have the opportunity to enter and win a Really Red Croc Card Cubby too! It’s a perfect gift idea. And, I didn’t say WHO the gift would be for…give to a loved one or keep for yourself! (I won’t tell!) 

The giveaway runs from December 12 – December 17, 2012.

Go to this link and enter for your chance to win! Good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Know the signs…

There has a been a flurry of ‘media buzz’ on the topic of ‘women and heart disease’ when it was announced that Rosie O’Donnell had a heart attack. Thank goodness, she survived. She is a survivor. 

But, I ask, the same question: When will society shift their thinking from reactive to proactive? Why do we, so often, wait until tragedy happens to wake up and make a change? 

We have one heart – one chance. 

Do you know that 1 in 3 women will die of heart disease? 1 in 3! I bet you can, easily, think of 3 important women in your life. Now, think about one of them dying of a heart attack. Not cool..but, a real fact. 

My aunt, Sue, and I on my wedding day – 1 year after her heart attack.

Five years ago, I witnessed my aunt having a heart attack. I did NOT know the signs/symptoms of women and heart disease. They are very different from what men can experience when having a heart attack. Fortunately, she is still with us today – and as I watched the process of it all – I vowed to do what I could to create awareness and spread the word. 

I had the opportunity of sharing some of my/our story with a writer, Jason Ashley Wright, from the Tulsa World. Take the time to read it – it will do your heart good! 

Tulsa World Story: Know All The Warning Signs

Designed for canvas art in Collaboration with business lists and Things to do in Chicago and CorporateOffice.us