medication interactions and side effects

Archive for the ‘Community’ Category

Know the signs…

There has a been a flurry of ‘media buzz’ on the topic of ‘women and heart disease’ when it was announced that Rosie O’Donnell had a heart attack. Thank goodness, she survived. She is a survivor. 

But, I ask, the same question: When will society shift their thinking from reactive to proactive? Why do we, so often, wait until tragedy happens to wake up and make a change? 

We have one heart – one chance. 

Do you know that 1 in 3 women will die of heart disease? 1 in 3! I bet you can, easily, think of 3 important women in your life. Now, think about one of them dying of a heart attack. Not cool..but, a real fact. 

My aunt, Sue, and I on my wedding day – 1 year after her heart attack.

Five years ago, I witnessed my aunt having a heart attack. I did NOT know the signs/symptoms of women and heart disease. They are very different from what men can experience when having a heart attack. Fortunately, she is still with us today – and as I watched the process of it all – I vowed to do what I could to create awareness and spread the word. 

I had the opportunity of sharing some of my/our story with a writer, Jason Ashley Wright, from the Tulsa World. Take the time to read it – it will do your heart good! 

Tulsa World Story: Know All The Warning Signs

Fashion Worthy Causes…

I LOVE fashion! But, I REALLY LOVE fashion when it is for a good cause! Here are some great events that are coming up that you don’t want to miss! Mark your calendars and get your tickets, you don’t want to miss out on these awesome events!
Make it a Girlfriend event and support a good cause!

Support Autism Socially
Fashion Show 2010
Thursday, April 8, 2010
6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame
Taste of Grace Sunday Brunch/Fashion Show/Silent Auction
Sunday, April 25, 2010
12:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Tulsa Historical Society
Redbuds and Runways
Saturday, May 8, 2010
7:00-10:00 p.m.
The Ivey (formerly known as Jewel)

Before February Comes To An End…

If you haven’t been sporting a lot of RED during the month of February, you should be! If not to celebrate the month with the most romantic day of the year, Valentine’s Day, than for celebrating your HEART!

February holds the National Wear Red Day to show support against the fight against heart disease! In addition to that day, February is dedicated to a host of events that promote awareness against heart disease/stroke. You will find local campaigns and national campaigns all focused on promoting heart healthy lifestyles.
There are a few days left before month end! There is still time to show your support by wearing RED!
Take care of yourself….take care of your heart!
So, don’t delay….wear RED today!
Designed for canvas art in Collaboration with business lists and Things to do in Chicago and CorporateOffice.us